How To Create FAQ Page Schema
- Using the FAQ schema generator above, start by selecting the number of questions and answers you have on your page. (only select one choice)
- Enter your questions and answers in each of the question and answer boxes.
- Scroll down to the Schema Code output box. (It updates as you type so it should be good to go.) Click inside the box. Press “control + A” to select all of the text in that box. Press “control + C” to copy your schema.
- Go to Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool at https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/u/0/. Select the “Code Snippet” Tab. Paste your schema in and then select “Run Test.”
- If its valid schema Google will show your questions and answers in the column in the right and have zero errors or warnings.
- Next, you need to add the schema to your website. This can be done a variety of ways such as Google Tag Manager, a free WordPress Plugin like Tracking Code Manager by Intelly WP. All you need to do is specify which page you want it associated with and where you would like it added. Either the head or body is fine.
- Last, go to Search Console and inspect your URL to make sure Google sees it correctly and then request indexing to get your updates into the search results as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions (about FAQ schema)
FAQ schema is a type of structured data that can be added to web pages that contain a list of frequently asked questions surrounding a specific topic. Once a page is properly marked up, it is eligible for a rich snippet in Google’s search engine results page.